Are you an emerging evaluator? Would you like to attend the conference but have no resources to do so? SAMEA is offering a limited number of SCHOLARSHIPs for emerging evaluators to participate in the conference.
In order to support young and emerging practitioners in M&E and to promote the development of a professional M&E community in South Africa, SAMEA will provide a limited amount of Scholarships to Emerging Evaluators, to attend this conference. The scholarship provides funding for deserving delegates to attend the pre-conference workshops, conference and the SAMEA AGM which is compulsory. The EE Scholarships are aimed at M&E full-time or part-time post-graduate students that have a career in M&E as objective or that may already be working in such a capacity. Young professionals and lifelong learners with a demonstrable interest in M&E are also encouraged to apply. The awarding of the EE Scholarships and the nature
of each scholarship will be at the discretion of the SAMEA selection panel.
If you would like to apply for scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a part-time or full-time student in an M&E related field, preferably post-graduate and/or be an emerging evaluator through present work circumstances or future career plans;
- Must have been a member of SAMEA in good-standing for at least a year. No applicant will be considered if his/her membership status is not active.
Preference will be given to:
- Those who submitted papers/posters for the upcoming conference
- Historically disadvantaged individuals, women, youth and the disabled;
- Individuals who have shown interest in growing the sector through participation in various SAMEA activities including TIGs, SAMEA Talk, Eval Cafes
- Individuals willing to participate in future SAMEA work and promote the objectives of the Association.
To be considered for an Emerging Evaluator bursary, please complete the attached form and submit the following documentation in electronic format:
A CV, inclusive of the following:
- Full names
- Qualifications, Work experience, and present affiliation
- Your title at work
- List your role, if any, in M&E
The Application form should be submitted to email@example.com. Any further questions can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed by a selection team comprising of SAMEA Board members and legacy board members.
Applications must be received by no later than 30 September 2019. No late applications will be considered. Applicants will be notified via email by 04 October 2019.